1) Get your next phone for less with Fido RewardsTM
Fido Rewards Program
When you come to Fido you get more than a simple thank you.. From day one you earn
FidoDollarsTM every time you use your phone, which can help you upgrade to a new phone for less. At Fido, we never take your loyalty for granted.
Each month, the Fido Rewards Program enables customers to earn
FidoDollarsTM that can be used to:
- Help to upgrade to a new phone for less
- Pay for the first month or two of an Add-on
- Purchase prepaid airtime
Customers earn 5%
of their eligible service charges in FidoDollars
Go to Fido's My Account page to login to your account to see your FidoDollars.
2) No System Access Fees
With Fido's new plans, there are no system access or extra network fees. And without these extra charges, your monthly invoice will be easier to live with.
3) Check your minute, text and data usage from your phone
We're always looking for ways to help you stay within the limits of your plan.
Check your minute, text and data usage from your phone at any time, plus keep your mobile browsing in check with a monthly
Data add-on or a daily Data Day Pass.
Go to Fido's My Account page to login to your account to view your usage.
4) Refer a friend
Refer a friend to Fido, and we'll thank you and your friend for your loyalty with a great offer.
- You receive 20 FidoDollarsTM or a $20 credit for each new customer you refer to us.
- Your friends receive 20 FidoDollars or a $20 credit as well.
- The more you recommend Fido, the more you get back.
How? Just follow the refer a friend how-to
5) It's about making the right choices
The environment is an important issue. At Fido we’re taking steps to help our customers make the right choices and reduce their ecological impact. These steps will also help us reduce our own impact. Find out how together we've planted 29 900 trees, saved over 3.62 tonnes of paper through
Online Billing and diverted the length of a football field worth of 19 liters of plastic water bottles from landfills this year alone.
6) Phones for Food
Recycle your phone and help the less fortunate
Fido and Rogers are the national wireless sponsors of the Phones for Food program. The program allows customers to recycle used wireless devices and accessories, while raising funds for Food Banks Canada.
Through Phones for Food, devices are sorted and either refurbished and resold or recycled, with proceeds donated to Canada’s local food banks. Since the program’s inception in 2003, over 500,000 phones have been diverted from landfills and over $750,000 has been raised for food banks.
It is easy to recycle your phone; simply drop it off at your local Fido, Rogers Wireless or Rogers Plus branded stores or send it directly to the recycling facility using the prepaid recycling envelope included with new Fido phones. You can also download and print a Postage-paid Label.
7) Online Billing
Share our concern for the environment? Use Online Billing.
Online Billing will not only save our forests, it'll save you money. In 2009, thanks to customers who subscribed to the program, we were able to save over 4.58 tonnes of paper. That’s a significant increase from 1.06 tonnes the year before.
Those who still need a paper invoice are charged $2 per month. Proceeds from the billing program are donated to our partner Evergreen– a national charity that has been planting trees and creating dynamic outdoor spaces in schools and communities since 1991.
8) Reduced paper waste
When it comes to paper, less is more.
Paper plays a big role in the way we do business. That’s why, starting in 2007, we introduced initiatives to reduce our paper impact on forests.
- Our brochures, newspaper inserts and certain in-store posters are printed on Cascades Rolland Enviro100 paper (made from 100% post consumer waste) using vegetable based inks.
- Our shopping bag is made from 100% recycled paper and soya-based inks are used for printing.
- Between 2008 and 2009, we reduced the total number of brochures in our stores from 12 to 4. We also decreased the number of pages in our “Get To Know Fido” guide by 50%.
- We print directly on our phone packaging, eliminating the need for a sleeve to cover the box.
- We’ve eliminated unnecessary Direct Mail pieces in favour of reaching our customers via email.
Since 2008, our efforts have helped save 308 442 kilograms of paper.
9) No term contract necessary
We don't want you to feel locked in. That's why you can choose a Fido Agreement
or no agreement at all, if you're not into commitments. All this, on just about every one of our phones. Plus feel free to change your plan any time.